MBA Luxury Brand Management

MBA Luxury Brand Management
Class of 2016-2017

Monday, September 29, 2014

Starting the Journey: The MBA Luxe 2014 – 2015 Class Begins

By Stephanie Walker, MBA in International Luxury Brand Management 2014-2015, USA/UK

As I arrived at ESSEC earlier this month, and stepped through the doors of the school, a wave of excitement and anticipation washed over me. Since my discovery of ESSEC’s MBA in International Luxury Brand Management back in 2011, I knew this was a program that would have a huge impact on my career and my life should I be lucky enough to attend. Three years later, following my arrival at Charles de Gaulle airport, it was surreal to comprehend that I had made it and that I would be spending the next year of my life in France working toward my MBA.

The first week was a time of great discovery: learning the layout of the school and Cergy, meeting the faculty and staff, and figuring out daily life in France. As an international student, ESSEC was a great help with regards to getting settled. A team of students met me at the airport and a free shuttle brought me, and my belongings, swiftly and safely to the campus. I was then immediately introduced to ESSEC’s Welcome Center, where I picked up the keys to my room at Residence du Port, opened a French bank account and received important information about the school.

However, the best part of that first week was meeting and getting to know my fellow classmates. There are 38 of us this year and while we all have very diverse backgrounds, with regards to nationality and work experience, each of us shares a unique outlook and passion for the luxury industry. This shared excitement of the luxury sector has already provided us with a platform in order to connect with one another and begin building friendships that I am sure we will have for a very long time.

I have now been in France for just shy of a month, and I can say with certainty that I have made one of the best decisions in coming to ESSEC to study in the MBA Luxe program. At this time, we have already completed several classes and the insights shared by the professors have been both intriguing and inspiring. Every class brings something new, and I feel so fortunate to be attending with all of my classmates who consistently provide their own distinct perspectives on the subject at hand. The experience thus far has proven to be extremely rich and has only fueled my original excitement and anticipation for the coming year!

Congratulations to all of my fellow classmates on their acceptance into the MBA Luxe 2014 – 2015 Class. I am so excited and proud to be starting this adventure with you!